Uzbekcosmos agency becomes a member of the International Astronautics Federation
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- At the 74th International Astronautics Congress in Baku, at the regular meeting of the General Assembly of the International Astronautics Federation, it was announced that the UzbekCosmos Agency has become a full member of the International Astronautics Federation.
The International Astronautical Federation (IAF) is an international non-governmental, non-profit scientific organization that deals with the problems of space exploration and exploration for peaceful purposes, as well as issues of rocketry and space from a legal point of view.
The organization was founded in 1950 at the First International Congress of Astronautics in Paris by the heads of 8 countries: Austria, Argentina, Great Britain, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden.
The tasks of the IAF include:
- promoting the development of astronautics for peaceful purposes;
- assistance in the wide dissemination of information related to astronautics;
- stimulation and support of interest among wide circles of the public in astronautics;
- encouraging participation in research related to space exploration through international and national research institutes, universities and companies;
- development of active activities in academies, institutes and commissions devoted to research in all fields of science related to astronautics;
- convening international congresses, symposia, colloquiums and other scientific meetings;
- cooperation with relevant international and national organizations in all areas related to astronautics and peaceful space exploration.
Inclusion of our country in IAF membership provides the following opportunities:
- expanding cooperation with leading space powers and international organizations in the space industry;
- recognition of our country by the global space society;
- financial benefits and preferences
- the ability to use the electronic library free of charge, etc.