International Conference “On the current state and evolution of integrated financial services sector Uzbekistan” takes place
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 14 November, Westminster International University in Tashkent, University of Westminster in London and the Institute for fiscal studies under the Ministry of Finance held the International Conference “On the current state and evolution of integrated financial services sector Uzbekistan”.
In our country, a number of measures are being taken to further develop the financial market, expand the coverage of the population with quality financial services and introduce new technologies in the industry. The conference was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Central Bank, the Institute fiscal studies and Westminster University in Tashkent. The following topics were discussed at the conference:
- Digital technologies in developing countries and financial technologies in Central Asia (speaker: Professor Harry Tapar, University of Westminster, London, Center for Financial and Financial Services);
- Reforms in the new financial services sector (speaker: Isakov O., Deputy Minister of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- The basics of the payment services regulation system of the Republic of Uzbekistan (speaker D. Ikramov, head of the payment systems and information technology department of the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- Green finance: sustainable financing for sustainable development (speaker: J. Negmatov, director of the Institute for fiscal studies under the Ministry of Finance);
- Socio-economic efficiency of Islamic finance in Uzbekistan (speaker: K. Turaev, General Director of Islamic Finance and Finance);
- The banking sector in the Republic of Uzbekistan: opportunities and barriers (speaker: K. Yunusov, senior lecturer, Department of Finance, Westminster International University in Tashkent);
- Opportunities for microfinance in Uzbekistan (speaker: Dr. N. Alimukhammedova, Senior Lecturer, Department of Business Administration, Westminster International University in Tashkent).
The conference participants also examined international best practices in the banking and financial sector, microfinance opportunities and other alternative approaches. It was noted that the use of modern technology and financial literacy among the population is important in the development of financial services.