A nationwide movement "Mass waste collection" to be organized
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- According to the Decree of the President "On measures to transform the sphere of ecology and environmental protection and organize the activities of the authorized state body", from 1 January 2024, plots of the state forest fund are leased exclusively through the E-auksion platform.
From 1 July 2023, the privatization of landfills is prohibited.
From 1 December 2023, fast charging stations for electric vehicles will be installed in the following territories:
gas stations, parking lots with a capacity of over 100 cars and markets in the city of Nukus, administrative centers of regions and cities of regional subordination;
gas stations, shopping and entertainment centers located on the highways of the tourist transport corridor "Uzbekiston Tourism Highway".
For the construction of the first 50 fast charging stations for electric vehicles with the construction of solar power stations in the desert and steppe parts of the Uzbekistan, Tourism Highway tourist transport corridor, 100 million soums are allocated for each project from the Environmental Fund as subsidies.
From 1 July 2023, the National Movement “Mass Waste Collection” (UzPlogging) will be organized among the population and the general public.
Also, according to the Decree:
- a competition of innovative and intellectual projects "Love for Nature" is held;
- the competition "Hymn of Nature" (for music and text) was announced;
- the badge of the movement "Young Ecologists" was established;
- Lessons "eco hour" will be included in the National Curriculum of Schools.
In Nukus, from 1 January 2024, the following is provided:
- launch of a rating system for the use of drinking water among multi-storey buildings "Economic house" and "Economic apartment";
- encouraging at the end of the year 20 apartments that consumed the least amount of water, and 20 multi-storey buildings, in which more than 50 percent of apartments used water in an amount less than the established norm;
- free installation of solar panels or lighting devices around the houses for the winning apartments and houses.
From 2025, this experience will be introduced in the city of Tashkent and in all regional centers.
According to the Decree, the Central Asian University for the Study of the Environment and Climate Change (Green University) was established.
Until 1 July 2023, a Special Platform for Environmental Actions will be launched in the republic.