“Tourism. The Path to Innovation”: 18 start-up projects advance to Demo Day
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Demo Day took place on 8 January within the framework of the “Toursim. The Path to Innovation”, where ambitious startup founders presented their projects to a special commission.
IT Park, with the support of the Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan, together with the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Tourism Development, organized a start-up competition in the field of tourism “Tourism. The Path to Innovation".
“Tourism. The Path to Innovation” is a competition for startups aimed at supporting the country’s tourism sector, as well as developing innovations in the tourism industry, unlocking the country’s tourism potential and services.
The total prize fund of the competition is 1 500 000 000 soums.
18 projects were invited to Demo Day, which were selected by the commission, and these are:
- The project envisages the digitalization of communication between consumers and service providers in catering establishments.
- A special enterprise, mobile application and website called "ITER". The project will include offers and accommodation of services of guides, transport organizations, travel companies and catering establishments.
- A site that will host 3,600 photographs of tourist sites, a 3D model of museum exhibits using online VR / AR technologies, as well as audio recordings providing information about the sites.
- The project allows to make online orders (booking) vehicles operating in the tourism sector.
- Mobile application for finding vehicles and partners for a long journey.
"Uzbekistan for Kids"
“In the project “Uzbekistan for Children, ”the family organizes a trip for the child to the regions of the country, filming it and publishing a video blog on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
"O’zbek milliy taomlari tayyorlanishi"
- Video content about the process of cooking Uzbek national dishes in English, which will be posted on Youtube, Instagram and Facebook.
- An online system that allows tourism guides and translators to find orders.
"Trip.uz/Shoot in Uzbekistan"
- National analogue of booking.com. The project is designed to provide booking opportunities in Uzbekistan and around the world.
- A website that will facilitate the electronic sale of national handicrafts in world markets.
- A unified media database, where photographs of Uzbekistan will be combined, systematized and classified.
- A platform for job search and employment of tourism industry graduates. Vacancies will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Agency "Wedding Tourism", the purpose of which is to organize weddings of foreign citizens in Uzbekistan.
- Platform "Uzbekistan 360", which contains 6,000 photographs of 6,000 objects of tourism, culture, trade and other areas of the country.
- The goal of the project is to make Wi-Fi zones managed by the zone owner.
Cooking Studio Said Mahalla
- The project is aimed at allowing tourists to stay in Samarkand for one more day and take a gastronomic master class.
- Organization of online tours of museums. The project has a narrow focus, covering only museums.
- Mobile application for ecotourism. The application will provide tourists with products from foreign countries for trips to ecotourism sites, post information about these sites and organize ecotourism services for entrepreneurs in this area.
According to the results of Demo Day, the most promising projects will receive subsidies for the further development of the startup.