Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev sent his condolences to Russian President Vladimir Putin in connection with the loss of life as a result of the explosion at the Listvyazhnaya mine in Kemerovo region.
The head of our state expressed words of sympathy and support to the families and friends of the victims, as well as wishes for a speedy recovery to the victims.
According to TASS, as a result of the accident at the Listvyazhnaya mine in Kemerovo region, more than 50 people died, the authorities announced. Among the victims are miners and rescuers. It is officially recognized that the explosion of methane was the cause of the smoke, which led to the victims, but a special commission will make the final conclusions. The management of the mine has been detained. A three-day mourning period has been declared in the region.
On Friday morning, it became known that a survivor had been found in Listvyazhnaya. He is conscious, he is being taken to the hospital, said the governor of the Kemerovo region, Sergei Tsivilev.
The survivor was rescuer Alexander Zakovryashin, who disappeared the day before during an operation to search for miners, said the acting head of the Russian Emergencies Ministry Alexander Chupriyan. Zakovryashin is a medic; in the mine he provided first aid to the injured.