Khiva is the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The President signed a resolution on measures to prepare and hold the international event Khiva - the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024.
At the XI session of the ministers of tourism of the member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the city of Khiva was declared the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024.
In 2024, Khiva will host:
- in March - the official opening of the international event "Khiva - the tourist capital of the Islamic world in 2024";
- in May - the XII session of the Ministers of Tourism of the Member States of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation;
The following activities will also take place in 2023-2024:
- gastronomic festival "Taste of Uzbekistan Festival";
- international competition of wrestlers "Strongmen", dedicated to the memory of Pakhlavon Mahmud;
- events within the framework of the "Week of International Pilgrimage Tourism".
The document approved the composition of the organizing committee and the action plan for the preparation and holding of the event.