The procedure for the use of special equipment by employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs has been determined
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- In accordance with the Law "On Internal Affairs Bodies", an employee of the Internal Affairs Bodies has the right to carry, store firearms and special means, use them, and also use physical force only in cases and in the manner prescribed by law.
In accordance with Article 23 of this Law, the grounds for the use of special means by an employee of the internal affairs bodies are:
- retaliation for an attack on a citizen or an employee of the internal affairs bodies;
- prevention of a crime or an administrative offense;
- prevention of resistance to an employee of the internal affairs bodies;
- detention of a person trying to escape during the commission of a crime or immediately after it has been committed;
- detention of a person capable of providing armed resistance;
- escorting and guarding detainees held in custody, subjected to administrative arrest, as well as suppressing attempts to escape and causing harm to others or to oneself;
- release of forcibly detained persons, occupied buildings, premises, structures, vehicles and land plots;
- suppression of mass riots and other illegal actions that threaten the life and health of citizens, public safety;
- stopping a vehicle, the driver of which did not fulfill the request of an employee of an internal affairs body to stop;
- identification of persons who commit or have committed crimes or administrative offenses;
- when protecting protected objects - blocking the movement of groups of citizens who commit illegal actions.
In accordance with the second part of this article, in the event of the occurrence of the circumstances specified in paragraphs 1-5, 7, 8 and 11 of this article, employees of the internal affairs bodies may use rubber sticks, and in the cases specified in paragraphs 8 and 9, means of compulsory stopping vehicles.
Additionally, it can be noted that Article 21 of the Law "On the Internal Affairs Bodies" states that an employee of the Internal Affairs Bodies is not responsible for harm caused to individuals and legal entities when using physical force, special means or firearms, if the use of physical force, special funds or firearms carried out on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by law.
Legal entities and individuals must work only in accordance with the law