The index of openness of NGO activities is introduced
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The Presidential Decree “On approval of the Concept for the development of civil society in 2021–2025” was adopted.
The decree approved targets for the development of civil society in 2021–2025.
Targets include, in particular:
- an increase in the volume of state support for non-governmental non-profit organizations and other civil society institutions in the form of subsidies, grants and social orders at least 1.2 times in 2021 and 1.8 times in 2025;
- allocation of funds in the amount of 16 billion soums in 2021 and 70 billion soums in 2025 to public funds to support non-governmental non-profit organizations and other civil society institutions under the Jokargy Kenes of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Kengashes of people's deputies of the regions and the city of Tashkent;
- bringing the number of non-governmental non-profit organizations participating in the implementation of the state program of the year announced in our country to 30 in 2021, to 50-2025;
- a decrease in the number of offenses committed by non-governmental non-profit organizations by 3.8 percent in 2021 and by 19.2 percent in 2025;
- retraining and advanced training of 50 heads of non-governmental non-profit organizations in 2021 and 250 in 2025 at the Academy of Public Administration.
From 1 April 2021, the Index of openness of the activities of non-governmental non-profit organizations is being introduced.
The development and full implementation of this Openness Index is the responsibility of the justice authorities.
The institution of a permanent representative of non-governmental non-profit organizations, participating in meetings of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis and its committees (commissions), is being introduced.
The Permanent Representative is appointed and dismissed by the Public Chamber from among the employees of non-governmental non-profit organizations who have contributed to the development of civil society, have been active in protecting the rights and freedoms of citizens and have earned the respect of the people.
According to the Decree, from 1 May 2021, the Shaffof Khairiya (Transparent Charity) Single Interactive Portal will be launched.