Uzbekistan and Germany sign agreements for US$4 billion.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 14 January 2019, an Uzbek-German Business Forum, organized by the State Investment Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, was held in Berlin.
The Uzbek delegation was headed by Deputy Prime Minister - Chairman of the State Committee on Investments Sukhrob Holmuradov.
In general, over 300 representatives of 234 companies and banks of Germany took part in the forum.
Following the results of the business forum, agreements were signed on the implementation of projects totaling over US$4 billion, including:
- in the oil and gas sector, petrochemistry and energy with companies "ThyssenKrupp", "Linde", "Takraf", "Siemens";
- public health and pharmaceuticals with Opasko, Axo, Fresenius Medical Quarter;
- in agriculture and the food sector with “DEMKKEY Baby”, “New Technology”;
- in the field of construction materials production from Knauf and Falk Porsche Technik;
- on construction of hotels with the Plaza Hotel and Rims Hotels and Resorts.
Agreements were also reached with German banks: Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, Landesbank, KfW, Aka Bank on allocation of credit to commercial banks of the republic to finance projects in Uzbekistan.
German banks also allocated US$557 million to finance projects in Tashkent, which will involve leading suppliers of technology and equipment in Germany.
Within the forum agreements with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for a total amount of US$516 million were inked, envisaging implementation of new projects in the energy and recycling of household waste in the Republic of Karakalpakstan and Khorezm region.