The Regulations on the procedure for issuing permits for mining activities were approved
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On licensing, permitting and notification procedures”, Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On the organization of activities of the National Agency for Prospective Projects of the Republic of Uzbekistan” and “On measures to develop the digital economy and the sphere of circulation of crypto-assets in the Republic of Uzbekistan”, the Regulations on the procedure for issuing permits for mining activities were approved, envisaing:
- basic concepts and definitions;
- permitting requirements and conditions,
- documents submitted to obtain permission;
- the procedure for making a decision on issuing a permit or refusing to issue a permit;
- the procedure for reissuing a permit, making changes to it and extending its validity, as well as suspension, termination, and cancellation of a permit;
- monitoring compliance with permitting requirements and conditions, etc.
The regulation also establishes that mining is carried out exclusively by a legal entity using electricity produced by a solar photovoltaic station, and that miners have the right to connect to a unified electrical power system in cases provided for by legislation, with the installation of a separate electrical energy meter.
Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-3832, among other things, established that in the case of using electricity connected to a unified electrical power system:
- payment for consumed electricity is carried out using an increasing factor of 2 to the established tariff;
- for electricity consumption during the peak period, surcharges established by the Cabinet of Ministers are applied to the corresponding tariffs.
In addition, miners are given the opportunity to sell crypto-assets obtained during mining through crypto-exchanges that are licensed to carry out the activities of service providers in the field of circulation of crypto-assets in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
At the same time, it is prohibited on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- implementation of hidden mining;
- mining of anonymous crypto-assets;
- carrying out mining at an address that does not correspond to the address specified during registration;
- carrying out mining without permission.
Attention to business entities: the organization of mining activities and service providers is possible only after receiving a permitting document and a license in the prescribed manner.
The agency also asks all citizens to act within the framework of the law and refrain from attempting to organize activities in the field of circulation of crypto-assets without obtaining the appropriate license and (or) permitting document, and also not to use the services of unlicensed service providers in the established manner.