Commander of the National Guard heads the Federation of hand-to-hand combat
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Under the chairmanship of Minister of Physical Culture and Sports Dilmurod Nabiyev, a joint conference of the Federation of Hand-to-Hand Combat of Law Enforcement Agencies of Uzbekistan was held. The conference was attended by Adviser to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Aziz Abduvokhidov, Commander of the National Guard, Major General Rustam Djuraev and other responsible persons.
According to the agenda, a report on the work done by the Federation was heard. At the conference, the candidacy of the Commander of the National Guard of the Republic of Uzbekistan Rustam Juraev was nominated for the post of chairman of the Federation of Hand-to-Hand Combat of Law Enforcement Agencies of Uzbekistan, which the delegates unanimously approved.
Then the newly elected chairman of the Federation announced measures aimed at the further development of this sport. In particular, the need was noted:
- intensification of work on the wide involvement of employees and military personnel of law enforcement agencies of the Republic of Uzbekistan in this sport;
- development of specific measures to popularize hand-to-hand combat as a kind of sport among the population, especially youth and adolescents, free training for children from low-income families and houses "Mehribonlik";
- systematic invitation to our country of the world’s leading athletes in order to conduct seminars and master classes for young people;
- material and technical strengthening of existing sports bases, creating the necessary conditions for the training of professional athletes;
- holding next year the World Championship in the city of Tashkent at a high level with the participation of representatives of more than 40 countries, considering the issue of organizing the Asian Federation of Hand-to-Hand Combat with its headquarters in the capital of Uzbekistan.
The Chairman of the Federation also made a proposal on the annual holding of national and international competitions in hand-to-hand fighting for the Cup of the Commander of the National Guard of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In addition, specific tasks were set to create an official website of the Federation and pages on social networks for the wide promotion and popularization of hand-to-hand combat as a sport in our country.