The state to reimburse farmers for the introduction of water-saving technologies based on drip and rain irrigation
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The Government approved the Regulation on the procedure for reimbursing the costs of producers of fruits and vegetables for the introduction of water-saving technologies based on drip and rain irrigation.
The Regulation defines the procedure for reimbursing part of the costs of producers of fruits and vegetables for the introduction of water-saving technologies in newly created garden and greenhouse farms.
To cover expenses in 2019 and subsequent years, subsidies in the following amounts will be allocated:
- for the introduction of drip and rain irrigation technology at a time in the amount of not more than 6 million soums per hectare of area;
- for the construction of boreholes for water extraction in gardens with an area of more than 35 hectares, as well as pumping stations for downloading water from rivers, canals and other reservoirs in the amount of not more than 120 million soums.
In 2019, subsidy funds are allocated from the fund under the Agency for the Development of Horticulture and Greenhouse Management, and starting from 2020, in equal shares from the fund and the state budget.
Producers who want to cover part of the costs submit the following documents to the territorial departments of agriculture:
- a project of an authorized design institute for the introduction of irrigation technology;
- a copy of the loan agreement with a commercial bank and a document confirming the allocation of a loan;
- a copy of the contract with contractors;
- copies of documents confirming the expenses incurred.
The Ministry of Agriculture annually until 1 May forms and submits to the Government the final list of producers of fruit products for the introduction of irrigation technology for next year.